I have done some cool networking projects in my free time in my personal home network & collaborated with various network operators in India which I will post articles about.
I have worked with the following:
- Assisted in deploying RFC4638 which enabled customers to push 1500 MTU over PPPoE thereby eliminating packet fragmentation and improving overall network performance
- Assisted in identifying security flaw in RADIUS configuration that allowed anyone outside the local network to login the web dashboard of any user’s account
- Assisted in discovering an MTU negotiation issue with certain make/model of ONT devices that prevented jumbo frames from being transmitted
May 2021 – Present
Technical Support Engineer | Civo Ltd.
Big shoutout to Mr Sam Weston for introducing me to Mr Mark Boost who in turn gave me the opportunity to work for Civo as a Technical Support Engineer
- Frontline Support (L1)
- Direct interaction with the customers either via Intercom or the Civo public Slack community
- Basic diagnostic and preliminary checks for the issues reported by the customers
- Escalate issues to the appropriate team where and whenever required
- Work hand-in-hand with other support staff for trickier and more complex issues